Saturday 6 August 2011

Brownie Bombshell

OK I want you to sit down. Maybe get a cup of tea. Or sugar water. This is going to come as a shock. It might even be disturbing. I want you to keep your Ativan close by. Maybe dial 911 or whatever the hell one dials in South Africa for medical help. (Whatever you do, just don't dial 0800-MantoTshabalalaMsimang-izaMoron.)

Right, are you ready? Here it is:

I'm HAPPY. You heard me. In fact, I might go completely bedonnerd and do an "[insert smiley face here]" or even an "LOL".

Now now, please control yourself. Deflate those balloons. Roll up the streamers. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you fainted the moment I said the H-word...

So let me modify that to Undepressed/Nonmiserable/Antisad/Contradown. I hope that's less WTFking to those who know me.

I have no idea why I'm happy today I just woke up that way. It's entirely unexpected and quite possibly unwarranted. But I shouldn't think about it too much because joy is not my natural state. I'm too prone to worry, paranoia and fear. So before coocoo-me takes over and interrogates happyfornoreason-me I'm going to sign off. 

After all, ours not to reason why, ours but to laugh or die, right?

:)

xx
J

PS - I'm so happy I'm sharing my Brownie recipe with you. As bombshells go, this one is particularly blissful!

JUNE'S FAMOUS FABULOUS BROWNIES


Brownie
175g Butter
40g Cocoa powder
2 Eggs
175g Soft brown sugar
1t Vanilla essence
100g Pecan nuts bashed
50g Self raising flour

Frosting
100g Bournville chocolate (or other dark chocolate - please, hell, not cooking chocolate!)
25g Butter
15ml Sour cream

For brownie melt butter and stir in cocoa. In another bowl mix eggs, sugar and vanilla essence, then stir in cooled cocoa and nuts. (I buy whole ones, put them in a plastic bag and whack it with a kitchen hammer - let them frustrations out...). Sift over the flour and mix in. Pour into buttered dish (mixture must be at least 2cm deep) and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes. Rather under than over it MUST still be soft but not wet on toothpick. For frosting melt butter and chocolate then add sour cream. Once brownies are cooled cover with frosting then leave in fridge overnight. I cut mine into 16.

2 comments:

Sari said...

Making this again. Better than Woolies. But I use flour and baking powder - don't like taste self-raising.
What the hell is the point of the word verification before I can post? Is it to check that I am drunk - is that a prerequisite? Bad tempered because my house is on the market and "viewers" are so rude! Waited all day for people who did not pitch up. Can't eat because it will mess up the kitchen! But this is your blog, not mine - apologies!

The Coo-Coo Cook said...

Oooh that would make me SO pissed if I spitcleaned my house, sat there waiting and starving and no one pitched! A pox on their house when they find one! PS - Phew, if word verification is for alcohol testing thank goodness they have that instead of breathalisers or I. Would. Be. SO. Screwed!!