Thursday 22 December 2011

Expectancy Breeds Contempt

And insecurity.

Merry Xmas peace on earth and all but I'm not designed for peace. I get jittery and fidgety. And it gets so so much worse when I'm waiting for something to happen. All this extensive planning for Xmas and now I'm sitting and waiting to start cooking. It's like someone said:

On your marks ... Get set ...

And I'm waiting for someone to say GO!

But no. 

So I've been staring into space. Terwyl ek agter my kniekoppe sit. Lyk my Ouma used to say. En sweet blou all doen. Like she also used to say. 

I'm chewing my nails and glaring at the calender and going out of my mind with frustration because I just want to GO now. And all this frustration is morphing into the fear that I can't pull this off. 

XMAS EVE
Smoked Salmon Crème Fraiche and Caviar Blinis
Fillet on the Braai with Red Peppercorn Sauce
Vegetable and Halloumi Kebabs
Oven Baked Chips
Chocolate and Cherry Ganache Swiss Roll

XMAS LUNCH
Turkey Meatballs with Orange and Cranberry
Baby Potatoes with Crème Fraiche and Caviar
Caprese Kebabs
Pigs in Blankets
Pork Crown Roast with Wild Rice Stuffing
Deboned Leg of Lamb with Mint and Cranberry Jelly
Fried Potatoes
Roast Pumpkin
Creamed Spinach
Cheesecake with Sour Cream and Cranberry Coulis
Christmas Cake

There no WAY I can pull it off.

I think I'm going to throw up...

xx
J

PS - When in doubt. Cook. And eat. And drink. Oh yah, and take tranquillisers.

CHICKEN KIEV


2 Chicken breasts
100g Butter
2 Cloves of garlic crushed
1t Dried tarragon
1t Dried parsley
2t Lemon juice
Pinch paprika
1/2c Dried breadcrumbs
1/2c Flour seasoned
1 Egg

Mash together the butter, garlic, herbs, paprika and lemon juice then season. Put in the deepfreeze to firm up. Cut a pocket into the fattest part of the breast. Slice the frozen butter and insert into the pocket. Use toothpicks to close up the gap. Dip in flour, then egg, then crumbs. Heat olive oil until quite hot and brown on both sides. Roast in the oven at 360F for 12 - 15 minutes.

1 comments:

Sari said...

Siestog, jy is getoor! Ek verstaan nou eers die omvang van jou probleem. Julle gaan julle dood eet. Ek hoop jy oorleef om 'n opwindende, gelukkige nuwe jaar te beleef - vol goeie mans wat mal oor jou is!